Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Candy Cane Christmas


Did you put Candy Cane's on your tree? I remembered my kids loved getting a Candy Cane from the tree. It was always such a delight for them. Well, this paper is the sweetest paper and it came from Hobby Lobby. I knew when I decided to do the penguin from Stamp Fairy I would use these papers.


While working on my card, it dawned on me that a candy cane would be so cute in the hands of the penguin. I don't know if you can tell or not but my penguin is glittered. It looks very cute in person. Not always does the picture do justice!
This week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday our sponsor is Stamp Fairy. Gerda designs the cutest digis. We love having her sponsor. Greda at Stamp Fairy is giving away 4 digis of winner’s choice. So why don't you come on over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and make a card and follow along. 
Have a sweet week everyone!!!!




Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Arlana, good morning and I can see your glitter, but bet it is even more gorgeous in person! Love the candy canes and with the red stripe, it is so perfect. Beautiful job showcasing this wonderful image, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Arlana, I love how you added the candy cane and then thought....we still haven't made our Christmas houses we were going to make two years ago. I think about them every once in a while and say I am going to make them. Maybe this year??? Anyway, your ard is darling. Added the candy cane was the perfect addition to your card. Have a great week. Talk to you soon.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fabulous!!! I adore your penguin and really love the candy cane in his hand!! Such fun papers too!! A fun and fabulous holiday card!!! Love it!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo cute!! LOVE the way you did a proper candy cane in his hand! Thanks for another brilliant sketch and thanks for choosing my card as one of your T3 last week!
    hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super sweet and I adore that candy cane with the bow!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Arlana Your Penguin is very cute and yes I love the Candy Cane and your design paper just perfect for your embellishments. I did buy them once or twice but my boys don't like them as they don't like sweets. Liam will eat Chocolate and Ryan doesn't like chocolate. They would rather have for Liam Olives and Ryan pickles and sundried tomatoes and feta cheese. Thanks for another wonderful sketch to work with. Wishing you a wonderful week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable Arlana! I love the little candy cane, very creative. Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

    Tc
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arlana this is sooooo cute!!! Love the colors with the black accent!! Very striking and adorable.

    Hugs'

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww...what an adorable card! i love that penquin..and that lil candy cane..nice touch! such yummy pp and color mixes ~ awesome work chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This penguin is adorable and I just love how you perched a candy cane in his "hand". So darn cute with these wonderful papers too!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Sweet day!!!