Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vintage Peddle Car










Our sponsor this week for Sweet Sketch Wednesday is Digi Doodle Shop. When they asked if they could sponsor I was so excited because right away I loved their images. She has alot of images with a vintage feel. Although I have not done alot of vintage cards I love that style. While looking for an image to use I found several and had a hard time choosing. I liked way too many. But when it finally came down to it I had to choose the peddle car. I was so glad that I did. It was so much fun to use that I knew I had to do two cards.






The first thing I thought about when I saw the peddle car was childhood memories. I had a blue peddle car when I was little. I even think there is a picture floating around some where of me with the peddle car. But I didn't have time to go and look. Oh the fun momories of that car. While I couldn't quite come up with the right blue for my card, I still did a light turquoise blue. When I saw that paper I kew that would be perfect as it had such a vintage feel to me.



Well since the days of my peddle car. I now own a big Red VW Bug which still reminds me of my blue peddle car....thus having to create the red card. I love how it turned out also.





I hope you enjoyed stopping by and that you will bug on over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and take a peek at all the wonderful DT cards. Also while you are at it, you just might want to bug on over to Digi Doodle Shop and find your own peddle car image to play with. Hope you have a berry sweet day!!!


11 comments:

  1. Arlana, I love both of your cards. You've equipped them both with wonderful papers and the images are just awesome - no wonder it took you back to fun days as a child. When I read your post, I was reminded of someone in the neighborhood having a peddle car and I remember being young and riding in it and desperately wanting one of my own. The stitching and the cute buttons make these wonderful masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Arlana, my little man has this car at the moment, it was a present for his first birthday but he's only getting the use of it now. It's black with flames on it! Brilliant!! Was so close to picking this image because of that, still might have to get it. ;-) Great colouring and love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Arlana! LOVE your cards this week. So vintage and yummmy. The colors on both are perfect and I adore the papers you went with. Also, love the new blog look - your signature is adorable!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arlana, both of your cards anf amazing as always. Your papers are perfect for the images. You did a awesome job coloring. Talk about bringing back memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arlana, I so enjoyed watching you create these two cards. You always amaze me because you come up with something new on every card you create. I love the colors and papers you chose on both of these cards. Yes, I think this week is taking us all back down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are adorable! I think the stitching is awesome! Fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that stamp from Digi Doodle Shop.... and I love how you have colored it and used it....

    Great cards

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love all of your stitching!
    Both cards are just adorable!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arlana, your cards are fabulous! My sister had one of these peddle cars. My mom has the cutest picture of her sitting in it. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Arlana,

    So sorry I'm just now getting to get around to all you wonderful ladies at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. I had some store techi issues, and was in a tizzy for a couple of days. With that said, I am thoroughly enjoying all the wonderful creations. You can thank Kym Kreates for this stamp. She is one of my DT Coordinators, and comes up with some of THE BEST ideas. She's been wanting more little boy images, and so this was the latest one done. I love both your cards, but think I like the red the best. The color really jumps off the page giving the stamp a nice 3-D look. Very nice work!

    Hugs
    Judy/DDS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic little boy cards! I love this sweet image and your sentiments and embellishments are perfect! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Sweet day!!!