Friday, March 20, 2009






3 Sweet Trees - AMYRS62 Sketch 54

Check out Amys Blog:http://prairiepaperandink.typepad.com/amyr/ It sure a fun site to visit.

I want to first off thank Amy for her fun sketch and contest last week. It was so much fun. Also for posting my card on her blog!!! How fun and excited I was when I saw that. I knew right off what I want to do for Amys new sketch.


When I saw this stamp set in the new Stampin'Up cataloge. I knew I had to have it. This was my first time using this set. I will have to admit it was a little hard to line up the tree parts. But I must say once you figures that out it make a darling card.






I had plans of using some new orange ribbon I bought from Hobby Lobby. But it seamed a bit wide for the sketch. So I used the Stampin'Up instead. I made a flower for the side where the flower was to go but it seamed to over power the card. So I ended up just using a flower button.


Take a look at the added sewing . This time I used a shiny thread. I really think that adds such a fun touch.


SUPPLIES:


Stamp: Trendy Trees


Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Yoyo Yellow, Whisper White


Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Yoyo Yellow , Close to Cocoa


Embelishments: Kiwi Kiss Ribbon , Yellow Flower Button , Thread

With today being friday I hope you will enjoy your weekend. I will be heading into the Scrapbook expo tomorrow. I always have lost of fun when I go. Hope you have a berry sweet day and if you enjoy my designs. Please add me to your favorites.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the layout and colors. This is one of my fave new sets. I have already used mine lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is totally adorable! These orange & green with the trees and stitches made this card so sweet, naive and gentle. I love it!!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Efrat K (from Israel. Yeah, you got so far! :) ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i love this! We've just got this set in Australia and I am loving it! Love the stitching round the panels! Great job with colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a beautiful card! love the colors! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Sweet day!!!